Expression of Interest Form
Mid South West (MSW) is a collaboration between Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council, Fermanagh & Omagh District Council and Mid Ulster District Council, responsible for delivering a Regional Economic Strategy for the area.
The Councils comprising MSW wish to invite Micro and Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) operating in the industrial sectors that dominate in the region (as detailed in the form) to register their interest in participating in a pilot Business Innovation Programme which, subject to funding, will be delivered between September 2021 and March 2022.
The pilot Business Innovation Programme will support participating businesses on their innovation journey. It will seek to grow business innovation and productivity across the region’s already strong private sector businesses.
What’s on offer?
Businesses will have the opportunity to participate in:
Productivity and Innovation Awareness Training – business training designed to:
- improve business understanding of productivity;
- focus on business innovation and emerging technologies as improvement enablers for business productivity, and achievement of Net Zero;
- encourage collaboration with FE colleges, Universities, and supply chain partners to improve knowledge transfer; and
- signpost available business support packages and encourage increased applications from MSW businesses.
Business Innovation Strategy Development Scheme – to assist companies to develop a tailored, high impact, realisable innovation action plan defined to meet individual business needs, addressing key themes including:
- operational productivity;
- resource and skills; and
- finance and support.
Business Leadership and Technical Advisory Vouchers – support businesses with access to industry experts to provide exceptional leadership and technical support to complex innovation projects.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for participation in the Productivity & Innovation Awareness Training. Recruitment for the other two elements of the Programme (i.e. Business Innovation Strategy Development Scheme and Business Leadership and Technical Advisory Vouchers) will be drawn from those businesses who successfully undertake the Productivity and Innovation Awareness Training and who satisfy the requisite eligibility criteria.
Benefits of the Productivity and Awareness Training include:
- free participation however time commitment required;
- knowledge transfer;
- assessment of your business’s baseline productivity position;
- assistance with the development of a decarbonisation plan;
- opportunity for improved collaboration with FE colleges;
- opportunity to participate in the Business Innovation Strategy Development Scheme;
- opportunity to potentially access a Business Leadership and Technical Advisory Voucher with a value of £3,000; and
- being positioned to access a proposed c£15m Industrial Investment Challenge Fund (2024-2026).
Completed expressions of interest must be submitted online no later than 5.00pm on Friday 10 September 2021.
Please note the roll out of this Programme is subject to funding. Any business wishing to register their interest does so on the understanding that registration does not guarantee their participation in the pilot Programme.